1.7.2 | Staff Applications 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AsianDude1, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsianDude1

AsianDude1 SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

IGN:
    AsianDude1
    Hey everyone!

Staff applications are now open! There have been a few adjustments made to the application process which can be found below. Staff applications will remain open until July 30th at 12AM EST. If there are any questions about staff applications feel free to post them below. Good luck to all those applying!

Apply here!

ChangeLogs

• Renamed the Application Requirements to Application Guideline
    • Added guideline
      • "Troll applications will not be tolerated and will result in the denial of your application, removal of your ability to become staff in the future, and a forum ban"
    • Changed guideline about playtime to
      • “Must play the server a minimal of 2 months and be actively playing the server 1 month prior to applying”
    • Removed question
      • "Do you have an issue with a staff member that will stop you from working with them?"
    • Added question
      • “Is there any additional information that you think would be useful for us to know?”
    • Removed guideline
      • "Must follow the template exactly as shown"

2. _halfx_

_halfx_ Senior Member Premium

IGN:
    blqkeftw
    Really hype for this application session, hope we see some amazing applicants! Good luck to everyone!

Sapphirebow likes this.
  3. Nitricity

Nitricity Noob

Hope to see some new faces. Good luck to everyone applying!

4. AsianDude1

IGN:
    AsianDude1
    Some notes I should've mentioned in the original announcement post...
    • Keep the application comments on-topic. Staff are always reading into applications and will be deleting anything that they deem off-topic and punishing players with forum punishments if they believe it's necessary.
    • There's no point of saying "-1 cuz of reasons above" it is just as pointless of a comment as someone just saying "+1" or "-1". I don't know if it's for boosting your amount of posts or something but it's completely unnecessary and blocks out all the comments about the players themselves. The most important comments are the ones that provide the information about how the player acts in-game and how they are seen by the community. Yes, I can tell if an application is bad or doesn't meet the guideline requirements just by looking at it. You don't need to state it in the comments as if it isn't already completely obvious.
    • If you are agreeing with a comment that was already posted, just like the comment. All extra unnecessary comments just prevent both me and other staff from reading the useful information. Seeing based off 1 comment and the amount of likes allows people to easily see the amount of people who agree. If there is something you want to add on about your vote that isn't mentioned then of course feel free to comment with the additional information.
    • If you don't even know the player in-game there's really no point of even commenting on the application. If you're basing a vote on purely their application with no knowledge of how they act in-game then the comment is pointless. If the player isn't even known by the community of the server they play on then it is an obvious indication they don't communicate and engage themselves in the community enough. And just to restate what I had mentioned in the What is the Application Process? post, your actions in-game and anywhere else within the network greatly effect your chances to become staff.
    • The applicant themselves can reply to comments made on their posts or edit the application itself whenever they would like throughout the time their application is still active. If those replies go off-topic however it becomes an issue. If it isn't already obvious from the 4 bullet points above, I do read all the comments for applicants I believe have the potential to become a suitable staff member.
    • All comments involving criticism is up to the applicant whether or not they choose to listen to the person. Most people on the network are brutally honest when it comes to applications. If you're discouraged just because a few people are down-voting your application then you most likely are not a good fit to become a staff member on this network.
    Now don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all the players who take time out of their day to read and reply to applications however the extra unnecessary posts have been gradually growing each application period. It is only making it harder for me and other staff to extract all the information needed from an application as to whether or not to consider them.

And for all the staff who might read this...
    No, even if they do comment with any of the things I just mentioned, don't delete it. As long as it's on-topic, keep it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Fxzr, MrFragtastic, LedairHD and 7 others like this.
  5. Faiths_Creed

Faiths_Creed Noob

I tried applying for staff but it gave me an error. Am i doing something wrong? Capture.PNG

6. AsianDude1

IGN:
    AsianDude1
    Your forum account isn't 1 month old yet. Wait 3 days

Faiths_Creed likes this.
  7. Faiths_Creed

Faiths_Creed Noob

Thats odd because i been back since the reset and been playing since Dream. Did i overlook something?

8. Faiths_Creed

Faiths_Creed Noob

Nvm i reopened it June 25th. TY

9. AsianDude1

IGN:
    AsianDude1
    Well your forum account was made on June 25th, 2018 so it doesn't meet the requirement of being a forum member for a minimal of 1 month. You might be thinking you had it for longer because we used a different forum when it was Dream-MC but since the merge we moved everything onto the Minelink forums so every Dream-MC player had to make a new account here

https://gyazo.com/40f4e635a8bc6ff36cd9029fa926065b

10. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    Im very glad someone finally addressed all of these. It was get careless with people just putting -1 because of above, this shows they havent properly evaluated the application and then slowly drives everyone else down the road of -1

_halfx_ likes this.
  11. oHippo

oHippo Junior Member

Good luck to everyone who applies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.