SkyBlock Auto sell tax

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iStealth, Sep 9, 2019.

1. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

What is your suggestion?:
    Removing or substantially lowering the tax charged on auto sell chests.
    As a donation item/high priced item in game, I've spent a fair deal of time trying to aquire an auto sell chest, only to find out AFTER I posted a bug ticket about not making very good money using one, that there is a tax on them and you do not get full sell value of items sold this way. Personally this is a little degrading considering I spent money to aquire an item that gives no real advantage other than not having to manually sell my items with a wand. This almost completely makes them useless in the fact that I'm sure everyone would rather get FULL value and just sell manually. It would be nice at the very least to get some sort of notice, description change, or something to state that auto sell chests have a tax on them as I'm sure I'm not the only one to be severally disappointed after getting one to find this out.
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: It would just be nice to know what your getting before you actually go out and spend money and find out later.
    Plugin link, if applicable:

MrsUnderstood and LucoGamer like this.
  2. izzywills

izzywills Helper Staff Member

-1 Sell chests need a lot of tax on them so that they are still a viable option for lazy people but not completely overpowered. People could just make too much money by buying loads of autosell chests.

3. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran Supernatural

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    iStealth likes this.
  4. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member Premium

IGN:
    Doxyx
    +1 should be lowered but not completely removed. the main reason for this is storage limiting via hoppers. not because of laziness from manually selling.

MrsUnderstood and iStealth like this.
  5. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

I get that it should be lowered and not totally removed. My main argument is almost 30% of your profit is way too much.

6. Jon

Jon SrMod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    JonnRL
    I disagree, once you have the chest you are cutting out a large part of the work involved with making money.

izzywills likes this.
  7. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

I disagree with your disagreement. Once you have the chest. You realize the chest isnt even worth what it does and go right back to using regular chests and millions of hoppers. I dont see anyone actually using them, nobody talks about them, they are utterly a waste of time altogether.

8. Doxyx

IGN:
    Doxyx
    Although I agree with what you say jon, I agree there should be a tax as you are completely automating the process. but I dont think the tax should be as high as it is due to the lack of hoppers. the current rate of hoppers forces you to use multiple islands to run 1000+ igs and not have to sell every hour. yes if you want to automate this sure use the chests and get taxed on it. but not everyone has the alts to run 5 islands just to run ig farms. and that shouldnt exactly be how a skyblock meta is played. I dont exactly remember the current tax but a 5-10% tax would be better to still nerf those who want to be lazy or not completely ruin the smaller players economy.

The tax is a good and needed nerf to the competitive meta players who are trying to basically do things as fast as possible. But it isnt factions where you can have a giant 20k iron golem storage to bypass these factors. an island is limited to 1500 double chests for an entire island. Including your things outside of your iron golem farms.

Most of the time 1 chest cannot even handle an entire farm. You have to basically make multiple purchases to cover the entire set of farms too. even more of a nerf and even more money has to be spent.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    iStealth likes this.
  9. LucoGamer

LucoGamer Junior Member

+1 This tax seems to just be put their to punish someone for buying the item? I feel like Doxy said, there can be a tax but not that heavily if it's an item that's been purchased.

iStealth likes this.
  10. GooeyBuoy

GooeyBuoy Member

IGN:
    GooeyBuoy

The tax is supposed to make it so you cant just afk to win. The staff clearly wanted it so that those who donate don't have a ridiculous advantage over those whose playtime reflects their wealth and it should stay this way. Removing this will just make the advantage greater.

11. Doxyx

IGN:
    Doxyx
    Economy doesnt win you the game. Its not factions. You have to spend hours and hours manually placing. Economy is only the starting part. Afking to win IS TOP isnt a possible thing without putting in hours of manual work a day

iStealth, nerdyjerk and holazach like this.
  12. Slxteen

Slxteen Veteran Premium

IGN:
    BIade_
    Let's say you have the option to buy these in the in game shop for x price. Ok selltax should be high whatever. But it's not. Your spending real life money on this to acquire the object at hand. Minelink is a blatant p2w server so upgrading a thing people pay actual money for an advantage shouldn't be an issue.

iStealth likes this.
  13. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

Exactly!!! If it was in /shop sure by all means tax the hell out of it. But when someone spends real money and gets absolutely no warning that the chest takes almost 30% of anything it sells, you quickly feel very very insulted. Might I remind that the people that are the highest on the skyblock server, sell manually. The auto chest is completely useless as the whole point is to make as much money as possible. I get it by all means "tax the lazy" but the real lazy ones are the ones with 100s of IGs that litterally sit and fill chests while playing other servers. It's the same thing no matter what so I dont get how some people get off by saying others are lazy. Just because you run multi account miners doesnt mean your putting any more work in than someone running one account. In fact the ones running one account are typically working the HARDEST just to get money to begin with. So the auto sell chest SHOULDNT be a punishment when theres people with 3 accounts and hundreds of IGs ruining the server to begin with!

14. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    Yeah the online store does need to include the tax percentage in the item description. I just looked at all of the gamemode items to buy, and each one has this description::
    [​IMG]

Now as far as the tax itself goes, it should remain the same. Those who put in the effort in selling items should do better than those who AFK sells.

nerdyjerk, Slxteen and izzywills like this.
  15. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

Auto selling and taking 2 minutes to wand everything shouldnt be that drastic of a tax considering it cost real money to auto sell. You still get boosters for selling through wands ect which are virtually pointless to an auto sell chest. The whole point is why would anyone pay real money to lose a third of their in game money. It's not a convenience at all in any way. I've gone back to hundreds of chests and hoppers. Completely regret ever having interest in the chest all together.

16. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    The point of the tax is to eliminate P2W, and to get people more active doing things manually.

17. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

Okay with that being said isnt the point of a server that offers p2w in the FIRST place contradictory to that whole statement? You'll never enchant close enough to donor rank armor, tools ect, therefore it seems very heavily p2w to begin with.

18. Slxteen

Slxteen Veteran Premium

IGN:
    BIade_
    The issue is even if this was p2w it would have little effect on the actual outcome for top 3 because we had had world edit and an excessive amount of time. Eco had little to nothing to do with it.

iStealth likes this.
  19. iStealth

iStealth Junior Member

I agree. Theres no way auto sell chests, even with a 10% or no tax at all, are going to effect the economy at all. Theres people who can litterally break the economy as it is and they do.

20. holazach

holazach Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    holazach
    Indeed seems sell wands might make the auto sell chests pointless. As mentioned collecting the money is only one part of the process to win on skyblock, at least should lower the tax an extreme amount or just remove it. This is simple feed back that people don’t see a need or want for buying the damn chest, change the tax or simply lose donation money.

iStealth likes this.