Boggzilla Staff Application

Discussion in 'Interview Stage' started by boggzilla, May 13, 2018.

1. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Minecraft Username?
    Boggzilla

Age?
    44 - I know I am an old person. I like playing MineCraft; it helps me unwind after work.

What is your timezone and when are you most active in your timezone?
    I live near Seoul, Republic of Korea. I am normally active between 6 - 9 p.m., and various times during the weekends.

Are you able to record up to the hacker report standards?
    I normally use Quicktime Player for audio or screen recording. It gives options to record part of the screen, or the entire screen.

Do you have a mic to communicate via voice chat?
    Yes, I have a microphone. I tested Discord out a few months ago, and I've been using Skype for many years.

When did you first join our server?
    I came from DreamMC during the merge, which I believe was in Oct-2017. I joined DreamMC in June or July-2017. I don't exactly remember, it was during summer. I tried a few different servers, but settled on DreamMC. It was similar to a previous server that I played, but the owner of that server decided to shut it down.

How much time do you have to contribute to our server daily/weekly?
    I am usually on 1 -3 hours everyday, or approximately 18 - 20 hours per week. It varies based on my hours at work.

What server do you play the most, as in Skyblock, Factions, Survival, Creative, etc.
    I normally play Survival and OPSurvival.

Have you been previously banned or muted? If so, please explain why
    I play by the rules, so I am 99.9% sure I have never been banned. If I was banned, I did not know about it.

Do you have any previous staff experience? If so, elaborate (Provide proof)
    I have no staff experience.

Why have you decided to apply for staff?
    I decided to apply for Staff, because I have recently been helping several new players. I enjoy helping them get started.

How will your presence benefit our staff team and server? Is there anything in particular that you believe that you can help improve?
    During the time I play, I rarely see staff on. Recently, Steamgunner has been on, but there were several weeks where I didn’t see any staff member. The number of survival players dropped dramatically over the past few months. For that reason, Edmonster07, myself, and a few others started helping new players on our own in an effort to retain more players. Sometimes new players ask specifically for a Staff Member, so I tell them that no staff is on, but I can help. I think my efforts have helped the staff team and server to some degree, so I would like the opportunity to continue this positive effort as a staff member.

Have you made any previous applications in the past for our server? (If so please link)
    This is my first application.

Are you currently staff on any other server? (Provide proof)
    I am not a staff member on any server. In fact, I rarely play other servers.

Do you have an issue with a staff member that will stop you from working with them?
    I have no issue with any staff member or any player. Even when I disagree with someone, I am still respectful to them.

How well do you understand the rules?
    I think I understand the rules pretty well. Some are server-specific, but the majority of them are common sense.

Do you understand staff can not scam and must treat all players equally?
    Yes, I understand. I would never scam anyone or show favoritism to particular players. The server should be enjoyable for everyone. To make that happen, I believe everyone has to feel comfortable playing. Treating players differently would only add extra drama, or possible contribute to some players leaving.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Steamgunner and LedairHD like this.
  2. Oli

Oli Veteran Premium

IGN:
    Oliiii
    +1
    Not the most active on forums, but quite active on the server. Mature player and always helpful where possible.

Bacon and LedairHD like this.
  3. Doug

Doug Senior Member

Saw this app, but wanted to get another players opinion. Taking Oli's word that you are active, I'll give you a +1

Also just an edit, I feel that some staff may find it awkward to be working with someone 20 years older than them, though the application is great.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Skyarmydood72 and LedairHD like this.
  4. LedairHD

LedairHD Member

+1 , when you get more active on the Forums :=), and if you get helper, come at plots sometimes please :)

Skyarmydood72 likes this.
  5. Starlight_

Starlight_ Member

+1 Definitely need active survival staff.

6. Twizle

Twizle Mod Staff Member

IGN:
    Twizle
    When did you first join Dream?

I think your application could use some more detail, specifically in the responses to some of the larger questions. However, I do believe having someone older who has a lot of life experience and also having someone who’s active could be beneficial to the team. The application process is such an important phase to get to know who the player is and what they’ll provide the staff team and server with. If you can write more information, I may change my vote, but for now I’ll have to stay neutral.

Phoenix and Starlight_ like this.
  7. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Senior Member Sponsor

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    -1 I’m going to downvote because of your activity with the survival community and inactivity on forums

8. yorshe_porshe856

yorshe_porshe856 Helper Staff Member

IGN:
    Yorshe_porshe856
    Neutral, due to the fact that you are inactive on the forums, your application was good, and you seem like a mature player, would like to see you get more active within the community.

However good luck

9. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Noted, and that you for the feedback. I made this change and a couple others. Most of the questions are kind of directly to the point. If you other questions need more detail, please let me know and I will fix.

10. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Thank you for the feedback. I will comply :) and be more active in the forums.

11. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Thanks. I play in Plots occasionally. I'll be sure to say Hi next time.

12. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

LOL. I think in most gaming and technology areas(which is where I work), age difference is not a problem. :)Differences in ages helps to see different viewpoints of how to fix a problem, or make something better. Many of my coworkers are 15 - 20 years younger, so I'm actually used to working with younger people.

13. Steamgunner

Steamgunner Mod Staff Member

+1, bogg has been here for a long time, knows how things work, what to do and what not to do. Would be a useful asset on survival. Ps. I'm back btw.

14. Bacon

Bacon Senior Member

+1 I've never seen a more active player! He is always on Survival is kind a friendly!

15. Skyarmydood72

Skyarmydood72 Junior Member

+1 I truly believe bogg would be a great staff member, he is always active and is now starting to use the forums. He is always there to help and guide people. He knows the ins and outs of a server and can really find his way around! :D
    Bogg, im upvoting you.

16. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Thank you:)

17. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Thanks Bacon. Ah man I love bacon; now i'm hungry:p

18. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member

Thanks Steam, I wish you the best on the certification

19. boggzilla

boggzilla Junior Member