SkyBlock Duels for sb

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Doxyx, Nov 9, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

1. Doxyx

Doxyx Senior Member

What is your suggestion?: Add duels for skyblock from /pvp
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: The current pvp system sucks on skyblock. There is normally just a few people running around with sharp 14 swords and unbreaking 10 armour. It is very unbalanced and with unbreaking being broken, fights are fairly unfair. this is a much better way of doing pvp than OP p2w kits

Another feature this also adds is POT pvp back into the game. The only form of pvp that can exist on sb is gapple because of how OP everything is. Not really a skilled pvp gamemode at all.

I suggested this before and it was denied for it being too much work for staff. I disagree with this, pvp already exists on skyblock. this is just making it in a equal gear and a Fair way of doing so. If staff cant do their job of dealing with hackers then why are they staff? I get it is understaffed, yes. but taking 10 mins a day to look at player reports on forums isnt too much to ask from your staff team, If it is, then maybe those players shouldnt be staff to begin with.
    Plugin link, if applicable:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 11:21 PM
    Masela likes this.
  2. izzywills

izzywills Member

neutral

any player can just do /pvp or /factions if they want to duel a friend. If they play on skyblock and want to duel then they dont have to do it on sb. It might not be worth making an entire pvp system that has to be policed and separately when any player has the ability to just go to pvp. it is a nice feature sure, but maybe not worth the effort for the rewards it would give.

3. Doxyx

Doxyx Senior Member

Well a lot of it can just be copied over from pvp or factions. the reason i dont think using /pvp or /factions as a realistic option is because in reality people arent going to keep leaving skyblock or somethign to go to other sub-servers to duel. if its a public duel system on skyblock it is more likely to get more attraction if it is around skyblock not other sub-servers

4. FrostP2W

FrostP2W Member

5. SlimeMaster7462

SlimeMaster7462 Member

-1 the only thing this will add is fights and more toxic players keep the duels to the pvp server were most to all people are toxic

6. Doxyx

Doxyx Senior Member

I think a big part of the toxic aspect comes from the ELO ladder. people just trying to act cool coz theyre better, if this is the case and I agree toxic shouldnt be bought to a gamemode like skyblock, then im perfectly okay with removing any sort of ranking system. The suggestion was more about trying to add a fair non-p2w pvp system, not turn it into some duels server. Thanks for the reply though

7. SlimeMaster7462

SlimeMaster7462 Member

I totally agree if we can get rid of the Elo ladder and any aspects of toxicity then i am 100% +1

8. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran Supernatural

-1 Personally I would not like having /duel on a nonpvp server. Causing autism, toxicity, duel request spam, and annoying shit heads asking for duels in the chat. “I beat you” “you’re shit” “you’re too pussy to duel me” blah blah blah. It’s completely not necessary, pvp is there to fulfill fair 1v1’s there’s no need for it on skyblocks.

I don’t like you

izzywills likes this.
  9. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran

Honestly the PVP from Skyblock and Survival should be completely removed. If someone wants to have a duel then they can take it to '/pvp'.