Early Game $ Making!

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by jonznes, Jul 16, 2014.

?

Is Mining better than Herbalism?

1. Yes!

54.2%
  2. Nope!

45.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonznes

jonznes Member

How many people actually know how to make money? And even if you do know are you sure you're making the best out of the time you spend? This guide is just my personal opinion of how you should progress from when you start to a point where you join/start a powerful faction.

First I'm going to touch on the subject of Mining vs. Herbalism. In my personal opinion, you should not spend time mining for ores because 1), it doesn't provide a stable inflow of $$ and 2) unless you have repair levels, you won't get the most out of that skill.

• So to start I highly suggest making farms and the first farm you should make is a carrot farm and this is mostly because you will need some type of food to eat all the time (and it gives the most saturation). Size doesn't matter for this farm, but it's good to start out with at least 64 plots to have 1 stack after clear it.
    • The second thing you should make are long sugar cane farms. The reason why I suggest making sugar cane farms over cactus farm first is because you really need hoppers to make cactus farms efficient. The reason you want long sugar cane farms than high sugar cane farms is that its really easy to make and get started and very simple to collect from. I highly suggest you count how many blocks each section of the sugar cane farm is so you know exactly how much each farm will yield (i.e. 64 block lanes for 64 sugar cane). Sugar cane also doesn't grow if you aren't near it so I highly suggest you make it 64 blocks in 1 direction, 1 space in the middle and then 64 blocks in the other direction.
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Sugar_Canes
    If you look at the sugar cane design for ~67% efficiency, that is the farm you should build ( and place blocks instead of slabs). The reason for this is that if you have multiple rows, you can clear 2 rows in 1 run by placing yourself on the blocks that cove the water and walk down the row.
    *However many rows you want to make is totally up to you. Just know you want to level herbalism because Farmer's diet passive makes food provide more Hunger bars (which means you eat don't have to eat as much in pvp due to carrot's high saturation) and double drop chance.
    • After you make a relatively large sugar cane farm, I highly suggest you move onto making an Automatic Cactus Farm before going for a spawner only because it's easy to make and you don't need a lot of money into making it. The reason you don't want to make a cactus farm first is that you really won't be motivated to do anything else except AFK in a spot for cactus to fall and aside from money, you don't get any real benefit from the farm.
    The thing you need to know is that:
    1. Sugar Cane farm is mainly for Herbalism EXP
    2. Cactus farm is mainly for AFK money
    3. Carrot farm is mainly for Food.
    Other things that can be farmed (i.e. Melons or Pumpkins) are really useless because it's either difficult to obtain (in terms of time it takes. Melons take the longest to break, pumpkins can be broken with axes but it's inefficient) or there are better options. Potato farms are only useful to obtain Poisonous potatoes, but unless your Alchemy (mcmmo) level is 875 there is no point.

*Note* Making farms is not only reliable $, it is also very safe. If you find anyone trying to TnT a sugar cane farm to mess it up please PM me that person's name.
    Also, don't make farms too large in one location due to lag. Build with caution!

2. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

Mining used to be better, but due to some shop edits, herbalism has become far better, as far as money making goes.

3. Wolfmanownz

Wolfmanownz Junior Member

Blaze and creeper spawners are also good ways to get money and xp.

4. jonznes

jonznes Member

Did you not read the title? Early Game $.

5. Wolfmanownz

Wolfmanownz Junior Member

You have a point there lol

6. jonznes

jonznes Member

I'll make a separate post on that later. It's like totallly different on what you could do. Gonna post the pros and cons and have people discuss about it.

7. Jennasaur

Jennasaur Member

Love this cute little guide. Thanks for helping out the new players JonzNES :)

Sunshine96 likes this.
  8. jonznes

jonznes Member

Only helps if they read it. I want more "decent" players so there's some type of competition the current major factions.

Jennasaur likes this.
  9. Tibberz

Tibberz Senior Member

I see a lot of people struggling with making money when they first join the server, hopefully this post will help them out. Thank you!

Sunshine96 likes this.
  10. 1benh

1benh Member

mining is useless now unless you need gapples.
    Herb is amazing since all you have to do is make a big enough farm.

11. jonznes

jonznes Member

That's not true actually. If you know what you're doing you can still make a lot of money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.