Factions Eco for next map

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by Vodux, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vodux

Vodux Senior Member

What is your suggestion?: Make the eco sugarcane, or something that you actually need to grind to make. You should be able to raid/setback peoples ecos so they need to rebuild it. Mining eco is too overpowered especially on Gold due to fortune 8, and people just placing blocks instead of selling. You should have to build farms/buy spawners for ftop vaule.

How would the suggestion make the server better?: It's factions you should be able to raid peoples income and have them rebuild it.

Plugin link, if applicable:

Snoopzz and RacistTimmy like this.
  2. Old

Old Senior Member

"+1 mining needs a fat nerf. The fact that you need a shit ton of spawners to just make money faster than you would mining is hella dumb. Sure you have to be active to mine, but its a income that you cant raid. A cactus farm or spawners can be raided, but not someone's ability to go and mine. Up to a point I'm fine with mining being the meta, but it shouldn't be this good. You can just run around like a retard with a drill pick for 10 mins and make 10 mil"

+1

3. RacistTimmy

RacistTimmy Senior Member

+1. I agree about the mining economy being annoying to the point that people can easily get back up to where they were without putting more effort in other aspects of the game like raiding and grinding things.

4. GooeyBuoy

GooeyBuoy Member

Mining isnt as op as you think

5. Snoopzz

Snoopzz Junior Member

+1
    The whole mining and block economy is screwed. Mining makes more money than having over 2000 igs, and with blocks being so prevalent, raiding bases/wealth is horrible. There are other ways to try to get activity on the server **cough** a point system that makes protecting your base worthwhile **cough**

6. Slxteen

Slxteen Veteran

I'll learn towards +1, though I am close to being neutral.

The great thing about the mining eco is that even though its Op, its definitely had a positive effect on the player count, with it being way higher than in past seasons. While I do think mining needs a nerf (separate thing I know) Its done a great job at retaining the player base. I bet right now during off time there's 50 players logged in at left, more than the 10 at this point in the past. Sugarcane getting a buff would be interesting, but not something you can afk the hell out of and get way to rich (cactus, or really anything automated) manual labor is the best thing for factions, and its doing a great job, so I think adding an alternative while still keeping it relevant would be a good plan.

7. holazach

holazach Senior Member

+1
    Could remove ore blocks from counting towards f wealth
    and add a farm economy that still focuses on being active to make income(sugar cane), not farms that can be afk'd(cactus)

8. UsingAura

UsingAura Master

+1. Don’t completely nerf mining. just buff the spawn rates of spawners and MAYBE bump up the sell price of mob drops a couple dollars. Should also remove ore blocks from counting towards f top.

RacistTimmy, Slxteen and Doxyx like this.
  9. Byteflux

Byteflux Developer Staff Member Developer

We're already planning some changes, but this isn't it, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.