Factions Faction Shields

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RacistTimmy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. RacistTimmy

RacistTimmy Senior Member

What is your suggestion?: Faction shields are basically a grace period for individual factions at a set time. People would be able to do their life and come back when raiding is on for their faction and defend then not having to fully worry about when they sleep or go to school. So a faction would do /f shield, and they would get a gui with times to choose. The time gap would be 8 hours, so there would be 16 hours a day of raiding. The time the faction sets should be displayed in /f who/show for people to know. A faction cannot change their shield right after they just had one on, if they plan on changing it, it should take 12 hours or so to change or update.
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: People can enjoy their life or do what they have to do. Factions today have members for a bunch of timezones, if they are fully motivated, they got that covered, on Minelink, most factions are like 5-8 people, and I doubt all of them are from three major timezones like AU, EU, and NA.
    Plugin link, if applicable:
    Extra Notes: There would be 24 items to click, each item would display the hours that the faction is shielded. The times would be and here are all of them, all spaced 8 hours: 12am-8am, 1am-9am, 2am-10am, 3am-11am, 4am-12pm, 5am-1pm, 6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 11am-7pm, 12pm-8pm, 1pm-9pm, 2pm-10pm, 3pm-11pm, 4pm-12am, 5pm-1am, 6pm-2am, 7pm-3am, 8pm-4am, 9pm-5am, 10pm-6am, 11pm-7am. There might be issues with people looking at them from different timezones, maybe include the timezone, so EST, they can do the work or have it automatically work with the user who changes it. Also there should be an FPerm to change the time for the shield, or just maybe Leaders and Coleaders should only change it.

So here's an example if people are confused, let's say a faction is mostly EST NA/North Americans in that area, lets say they want to enjoy their sleep, so they would choose 11pm-7am. or +/- a hour depending who they are, that's my sleeping schedule, it's not for others so yeah.

This suggestion is for the future maps of Minelink.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    SlyHaze and Vodux like this.
  2. Vodux

Vodux Senior Member

+1 Seen this on other servers and is nice to get some sleep without worry

RacistTimmy likes this.
  3. izzywills

izzywills Senior Member

+1 definitely a good idea.

RacistTimmy likes this.
  4. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

+1 especially with limited buffers etc. cannons get through bases way too quick for offline raiding to be any fun competitive wise

RacistTimmy likes this.
  5. SlimeMaster7462

SlimeMaster7462 Member

+1 but instead of having to pick a time it should just be 8 hours from the time that you activate it

6. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

You can just abuse that by using it when getting raided or something. the set time is the only way to make it so it cant be properly abused.

SlimeMaster7462 likes this.
  7. SlimeMaster7462

SlimeMaster7462 Member

Okay fair enough

8. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Helper Staff Member

+1 also make it so players have to set it at least 12 hrs in advanced or smth

SlimeMaster7462 likes this.
  9. alex.

alex. Veteran

-1 good idea

10. Mac1423

Mac1423 Senior Member

Neutral. I think this is a good idea because of what you mentioned, but I think the idea also has some flaws. If you can cover all the other hours it'd be incredibly hard to get raided. Two people who know what they're doing can stop a raid pretty easily. But at the same time it's nice to give small factions benefits over big ones with a massive amount of players who can cover all timezones, so I can't really say if I like it or not.

RacistTimmy likes this.
  11. RacistTimmy

RacistTimmy Senior Member

As long as it isn't exploited, that's what kinda matters but I mean there's a time to sleep/or work/or do nothing and a time to compete/defend walls lol but I see what you mean why you chose neutral.

12. Morthal ♛

Morthal ♛ Senior Member

+1 perfect on ostia, adds more equal and fair opportunity for factions success while keeping it competitive