SkyBlock Hopper Speed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nerdyjerk, May 9, 2019.

1. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    What is your suggestion?: Increase the speed that hoppers move on skyblocks to what factions has or just make it a little bit faster than it is right now.
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: Honestly, Skyblock's 1500Hopper Max is just too low to make good enough farms, increasing the hopper flow speed to be higher would reduce item lost due to hopper bugs and reduce item lag on the server. Also would just make playing skyblocks easier overall. Would also make a reason for players to make a variety of different farms.

Current Hopper Flow Speeds

Factions
    Skyblock
    Issues With the Hoppers Currently on Skyblocks
    #1 Cactus Farm
    #2 Iron Golem Farm

Plugin link, if applicable: idk[​IMG]

izzywills, D3_T0X and Ayesel like this.
  2. Doxyx

Doxyx Senior Member Premium

IGN:
    Doxyx
    +1. Current meta is stupid, have to have multiple islands just to have a few big farms. increase the hopper speeds massively to stop the hopper bugs. too many entities for such a low amount of hoppers is dumb. In my opinion increasing the hopper limit alone is not enough. It still keeps the bugging hoppers+ massive overflow

Ayesel likes this.
  3. Taco

Taco Member

+1 I know how it feels to overflow hoppers and lose all those items. Should be added to prevent this. Another good idea might be to increase Hopper space somehow....

4. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    Increasing the hopper space would help but it would just be too op after than point, it is such a pain to lose millions in money because of a stupid hopper bug.

5. Doxyx

IGN:
    Doxyx
    Honestly wouldnt change anything tbh. The issue isnt the space in the hopper its how slow it is to transfer it into the hopper then transfer it into a chest

D3_T0X likes this.
  6. Doxyx

IGN:
    Doxyx
  7. Searsay

Searsay Junior Member

+1
    I'd like to see this also, curious why they are so different from factions to begin with.

8. D3_T0X

D3_T0X Noob

This would help tremendously. When people make Drill Pickaxe mines this would stop a lot of the free entities that over flow and make all farms in general more efficient. Great suggestion

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Member Elite

IGN:
    MarquisPhoenix
    I've seen suggestions about this at least five times in the past... Also
    I cant +1 this sadly. Normally I would agree completely cause really, it would be nice....
    But at the same time, only for the people already at the top; the newer players will fall further behind and the top players will be further ahead. There is also the fact that the hopper limit and probably the speed have been increased in the past. Maybe make more condensed farms or learn to utilize water better.

10. Doxyx

IGN:
    Doxyx
    Hopper speed literally got nerfed this map :). I dont think you really understand skyblock properly if you think its that easily solved

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Member Elite

IGN:
    MarquisPhoenix
    Didnt notice lol. Either way tho, wasnt there something like a 500 hopper limit not too long ago?

12. Doxyx

IGN:
    Doxyx
    Yea. the current limit is 1500 i think? its essentially like a 1-1 ratio with hopper:spawner. that is stupid. Either hoppers need to fill up faster so theyre easier to utalize or add more hoppers so multiple farms can be on 1 island rather than just having multiple islands across multiple accounts just for a few farms

13. D3_T0X

D3_T0X Noob

I feel like this post has died when its a really good suggestion. It would help all players and make everything more efficient.

14. porshe856

porshe856 Senior Member

IGN:
    porshe856
    Suggestions never really die. Just takes a while for a response saying if it's accepted or rejected

D3_T0X likes this.
  15. Morthal ♛

Morthal ♛ Senior Member Supernatural

IGN:
    EzPayout
    +1 because of the limit on hoppers in skyblock, this is necessary imo

16. Slxteen

Slxteen Veteran Premium

IGN:
    Munchie__
    +1
    The limit on hopper speed right now (and hopper cap) really does hurt late game players. Once you get a ton of igs, it becomes an issue. So really the only argument against this is to nerf late game players, but this would be quite an odd way to do that.

17. izzywills

izzywills Junior Member

+1 I agree, it takes too long for things to move from hopper to hopper, it means that sell chest become almost obselete because the overflow chests fill up faster than the sell chest can sell

18. Haay

Haay Junior Member

I think im neutral on this, I have played on servers where the hopper speed has been at vanilla Minecraft speed, and have been able to make plenty of farms with that, however having the hopper limit does hurt the amount of things you are able to do, so idk