Let's make factions fun again.

Discussion in 'General' started by JavaSoft, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:51 AM.

1. JavaSoft

JavaSoft Noob

Hello, I am JavaSoft, retired founder of Atom-Factions, an elite competitive faction.
    I have been in the faction community since it first started back in 2012/2013, I am one of the very few from the 1.6/1.7 factions community who are still playing. As one of the OGs, I understand why the OG players are quitting so frequently and I am here to hopefully fix this!

The way factions became right now, is so ugly, so nonsense, and all these servers with crazy payouts, no fun rules, toxic staff members abusing and dealing with the big factions for payouts, and this nonsense tryhard 3 weeks maps made factions such an ugly game mode.

Why did I choose Minelink to post this on?
    Minelink.net one of the OG servers which are still available, and I am impressed and so glad by how it did not fall into this ugly modern factions ecosystem. I feel that Minelink has a chance and the capabilities to bring back the old big factions to play back again on a fair and fun server.

How do I think this can be fixed?
    Clearly, no one will be willing to playing on a faction server without faction fly, free sell hand, and a small ftop reward, but this does not mean this should be taken as far as making playing factions a quick money grab for both the server and the big factions, and making it so tryhard and all about the ftop weekly payouts that it feels like an actual job for the players.
    I think Minelink is the perfect server to revive the fun part of factions by applying really small changes, and if the Minelink Staff Team is willing to do so I am more than open help as much as I can in every aspect.

What can I offer right now?
    I think Minelink Factions totaly fine in-game besides some really small things, the thing that must be fixed and that is super unclear is the rules and details for the factions server but, from what I said before I am so glad that Minelink did not fall into this new ecosystem.

So here are some of the details/info and rules that should be answered and added to clarify the factions gameplay.
    Base building:
    -What is the max allowed buffer?
    -What is the max allowed wall count on a base?
    -Are regens enabled/allowed?
    -Is left shooting enabled/allowed?
    -Are antynuke walls patched/effective?
    -Are Bclaims removed during grace period?
    -Are allies allowed to help in defending?

Cannoning:
    -How fast cannons can go in general? And any exceptions for cannons with the barrel below a specific Y level?
    -Is East/West cannoning patched?
    -Are multiple walls oneshot cannons allowed?
    -Is roof cannoning allowed?
    -Are allies allowed to help in raiding?

These are some of basic factions details that should be mentioned! Again, as an Og experienced played who is desperate to see factions a fun gamemode again, I am more than willing to help in discussing these details and what do I think they should be to offer the best fair and fun gameplay for all type of players.

Once I meet this one requirement (two weeks forum member), I am willing to apply for the factions staff team to hopefully become a helper and help the Minelink factions community grow and have the best change into bringing back the old play for fun factions.

Thank you for reading and I wish everyone gives his opinion about this thread, and whether you think I a right or I am not, thank you, love you all factions community.

JavaSoft.

2. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran Supernatural

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    Make a suggestion

3. UsingAura

UsingAura Master Elite

IGN:
    UsingAura
    whomst are you?

4. Twizle

Twizle SrMod Staff Member Premium

IGN:
    Twizle
    JavaSoft, retired founder of Atom-Factions, an elite competitive faction. He’s been playing since 1.7-1.8 factions and is one of few OG Minecraft factions players still around.

Slxteen and izzywills like this.
  5. izzywills

izzywills Helper Staff Member

Ethos, Logos and pathos. I like it

6. JavaSoft

JavaSoft Noob

You nailed it! I might consider hiring you as my representative! Contact me with a 2 minutes video of yourself explaining why and how could you be a good representative, my team will review your application. just in case you are interested! Good Luck ;)

7. holazach

holazach Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    holazach
    Weird, any who. Let’s be real OG’s are all now like 20. They ain’t coming back to play factions.

8. JavaSoft

JavaSoft Noob

You are right that is how old I am, but there are many factions which are based on good old players that are on hold doing noting, joining random servers to maybe find one that fits them. Surely the 2o years old won't come back and start playing factions, but having a good fun server will lessen the amount of quitters thats for sure!

9. snowman_am2

snowman_am2 Junior Member Legend

IGN:
    snowman_am2
    Part of how Minelink operates is by having less rules that you speak of above - rather, there are plugins to automatically enforce the desired behaviors.

While I agree some more explanation may be helpful for a new player, it's rather difficult to pinpoint the things a player won't know.

Some of the ideas behind your post are already addressed in some community suggestions. The idea is to have more more visible guides to new players. It remains to be seen if the server owners will implement them:
    https://www.minelink.net/threads/in-game-rule-book.17003/
    https://www.minelink.net/threads/re...h-with-a-toggle-in-toggles.16806/#post-109138

In case you are not aware, the answers to your questions are as follows:
    Faction claims are managed through an automated system. Generally speaking, this equates to roughly a 20 chunk buffer for an 8x8 claim base. Claims will automatically be denied if a faction attempts to make a bigger claim than this.

There is no maximum wall count. Any number of walls can be placed within a set of claims, the size of which is determined through the automated system discussed above.

Regen walls are disabled. Lava blows up when TNT explodes nearby. Piston based regen walls are generally disabled, and further attempts to make regen walls are generally banned.

Left shooting is fully enabled and allowed.

Antinuke walls are fully enabled and allowed.

Claims are managed through an automated system as discussed above. Claims near a non-allied faction are automatically flagged as temporary and are removed after 24 hours.

Anybody is generally allowed to help defend a base. Although helping your enemies might be frowned upon...

Cannons can generally be as fast as the server allows. From experience, cannons faster than 2.4 seconds tend to have various issues. As otherwise outlined in the server rules, automatic cannons are not allowed; shots must be triggered manually.

Yes

I can't say I've typically seen these used on the server, as the player base tends not to make very extravagant cannons. I believe they are allowed, as long as they are manually triggered.

Roof cannoning is allowed, but sand will automatically break above y=254. As most bases are full height, roof cannons are generally not used on Minelink.

Ford, RacistTimmy and Doxyx like this.
  10. JavaSoft

JavaSoft Noob

Thank you, appreciate it so much.

11. Mac1423

Mac1423 Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    eMacccc
    Welcome to the community.
    You can't apply to the staff team unless staff applications are open. They recently had staff applications open and they closed a few weeks ago, so it might be some time until we see staff apps open again.

12. Lyssa120

Lyssa120 Mod Staff Member

trust me u do not want twiz to be ur representative he sucks!

13. nerdyjerk

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    who else could he have chosen? you?

14. UsingAura

UsingAura Master Elite

IGN:
    UsingAura
    yeah we all know you suck.....

15. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Mod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    SlyHaze
    damn

16. Lyssa120

Lyssa120 Mod Staff Member

no u

17. UsingAura

UsingAura Master Elite

IGN:
    UsingAura
    hehe

18. nerdyjerk

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    toxic

19. JavaSoft

JavaSoft Noob

No shit, he banned me on discord cause I said he is not professional in his response to player's support as a staff member. LOL. He can't answer a question without sarcasm like a he's the cool fuckboy. Well, can't remember if it was even him. but he was involved in the chat.
    http://prntscr.com/p7dvym

20. Twizle

Twizle SrMod Staff Member Premium

IGN:
    Twizle
    I wasn’t involved with that chat at all lol

izzywills likes this.