SkyBlock More events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Contentedpig, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Contentedpig

Contentedpig Junior Member

What is your suggestion?: I think more events, such as spleef or pvp, would be a fun and would improve the server.
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: Frequent events will bring back old players and will also attract new players. They are also very fun to take part in.

Plugin link, if applicable:

2. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran

+1 I mean this has been suggested before and the staff are trying to host them as Demote Sly has been doing so with his PvP Tournament and Spleef

3. StoryEngine

StoryEngine Mod Staff Member

+1 As Nerdy said, and as we have seen before the community wants more events. I agree that spleef and pvp events are fun. Maybe could also do some kind of building events?

But we still have to consider that Sly can't do them constantly by himself. I am all up for more events, but realistically speaking Sly will need more help with them.

4. Contentedpig

Contentedpig Junior Member

I am always ready to offer help to sly or maybe even host them myself.

5. Ionising

Ionising Junior Member

+1 This would be good for the community although they could add things like exclusive tags to accompany the victor in the event.

6. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran

Of course, it would be impossible for Sly to host every single event on her own, but luckily we have an active Event Coordinator that can help with hosting these events. But I definitely do think that there should be building events maybe once per month? With topics surrounding each month's holidays or they can just be random topic's voted on by the community. With keys, money, or even spawners as rewards and not buycraft. Buycraft is a stupid reward.

7. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

+1

but lets be honest here. we dont need events we need an update more than once every 6 months. sure u can do small events for what players are left but just delaying the inevitable at this point. Wazez did this exact thing to origin. no surprise its happening here too. Can afford to pay $1000 a week to FTOP1 on mineheroes but not hire a development team for minelink. Funny how that man works.

8. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Admin Staff Member Admin

excuse me.

Also, I will try to do more events if that's what you guys want. I know the pvp tournament had a bit of issues last time but it's pretty much all ready to go now, and same with spleef. If I do host events frequently then I can't promise the rewards will be worth while.

But as Doxyx said, as far as getting new players and getting old players to stay, there's going to need to be an update. So, yes I can do events but that's about it. Can't promise it'll attract new players or bring back old ones.