Global Perks for Staffmembers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anarchist, Jul 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Anarchist

Anarchist Junior Member

What is your suggestion?:
    Staff members should be able to use simple commands such as /fly without voting or ranks.

How would the suggestion make the server better?:

I'm not sure if it was changed now but I spoke with a staff member about it that had to pay 8$ just to get /fly on skyblock. Thats just an example tho. Commands like that are necessary to help players proberly. They shouldnt need to vote and definitly not pay.

I am not sure if it was changed already. Please just message me if it was or delete this post.

2. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

-1 if you dont have fly on skyblock then youre probably not an active skyblock player anyway therefor u can just use votefly if u need to help a player. There is very few situations where a staff needs fly anyway. If someone has a bug they can report it on the forums. If they dont know how to build something googling farms or asking active sb players is easy enough(like i said, if u dont have fly on sb that staff is probably not an sb player anyway so they probably wont know about good farms.)

its not a staffs job to play the game for a player. staff should not get free perks or benefits. A staff does not need these perks ot learn then or something anyway, if u don't have knowledge of the commands/info about the server, you probably shouldnt be applying for staff in the first place. It adds dumb insentive for people to want staff so they get perks instead of just wanting to help.

StoryEngine and nerdyjerk like this.
  3. Anarchist

Anarchist Junior Member

I am just talking about fly for now because I have to admit everything else is BS. About Fly: I really do think it is necessary to help people if you are doing anything else then chatting in public chat. I dont think people would just apply for fly and if they would, the staff should notice that at some point. And I dont think that has anything to do with the activity of a player. As I said I talked with a staff member about it that was active and had no /fly while applying back then.

4. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Helper Staff Member

-1 I understand where you're coming from, but I just can't see any scenario that would require a staff member to have access to fly.

5. zor

zor Member

-1 why would being staff give u any advantage? its something u want to do from your own to help the coummnity and you saying that they need /fly so -1 overall pretty stupid idea

6. StoryEngine

StoryEngine Mod Staff Member

-1 Due to the reasons stated above.

This probably could have been a small but rare problem in the past, as you seem to be referring here. But not anymore since as stated above you can get flytime by voting.

7. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran

Having a staff rank will not give you perks to playing. Also, '/fly' is already something staff can use while performing certain actions on some gamemodes.

8. holazach

holazach Senior Member

-1 not necessary for helpers or mods. And Sr-Mods+ do have such perms.