Forums Staff Applications

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by PrometheusBlaze, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrometheusBlaze

PrometheusBlaze Junior Member

SO it seems like whenever we decide to open staff applications, everything gets jumbled up and people end up arguing over small details in their own staff applications, leading to constant replies back and forth and much much more for the staff members to read when going through the applications. I am simply recommending that if this type of thing happens, staff asks them to delete the extra messages and if they have extra comments just to edit their first post in the thread, and if they do not comply, delete the extra messages for them. It’s understandable if it is a staff applicant attempting to explain themselves after an accusation but another thing entirely to argue back and forth over simple things and prove that one is right. I was planning on providing screenshots but you are welcome to look at a few of the applications and the issues that have already come up, including those in past years. Thanks and leave your opinions on how to fix the issue, rather than argue over the course of multiple messages in the staff apps comments :) let’s solve the issue I’m open to suggestions

Edit: not just looking for a +/-1 here you’re welcome to leave one but please try and show a way to help with the issue

SnowCave_, AbzyaPvP and SlyHaze like this.
  2. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    finally some sense

PrometheusBlaze likes this.
  3. Raha

Raha Helper Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    RahaPvP
    People should just edit their original posts and not post 10 new ones. Arguing shouldn't be allowed in the comments in the first place if you read staff application's don'ts there is said:
    • Keep the application comments on-topic. Staff are always reading into applications and will be deleting anything that they deem off-topic and punishing players with forum punishments if they believe it's necessary.

4. Khaledx2003

Khaledx2003 Member

hmm seems relatable..

*my staff app in a nutshell*

5. PrometheusBlaze

PrometheusBlaze Junior Member

Thanks for this it really took what I said and shortened it to make more sense.

To say the least staff has been given authority to delete messages but they really don’t. Takes a few days anyways to get rid of all the spam

6. Khaledx2003

Khaledx2003 Member

+ some people quote stuff someone already noted before.. in my staff app 2 persons talked about inactivity then another 5+ people came to say the same and add up nothing but spam

7. AsianDude1

AsianDude1 SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

IGN:
    AsianDude1
    Thank you for submitting a suggestion
    We've looked at your idea and have decided to not implement it.

This can be due to any of the following reasons:
    - Staff members should already be moderating the application comment to get rid of irrelevant or off-topic posts.
    - If the original poster is arguing with someone in the comment it shouldn't even be deleted so that SrMod+ know they are immature and deny them before it even reaches me.

Feel free to post more suggestions at https://minelink.net/forums/suggestions.91/

Suggestion Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.