PvP Teaming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SlyHaze, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Mod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    SlyHaze
    What is your suggestion?: So, we need to address the teaming situation on PvP. Whenever there's players with diamond armor down in PvP they always team. Then you will see groups of diamond people just slaughtering all the other people in iron or gold. This makes PvP not fun, if people wanted that experience they should go to factions where you are supposed to team.
    SO that being said I have two suggestions:

1. Make the rank kits only give out XP and money, get rid of the kit tempest giving you diamond armor. The ability to buy diamond armor and grind to get a "G set" should be available. But, as the way it is, the server deters a lot of players away from PvP because they came for a kit server not to instantly die by a bunch of kids who team up wearing diamond.

2. Make either teaming against the rules or put a limit on it, I'd say create a party system where you could have one team mate and that's it, and if you're caught teaming with other parties then that's punishable.

How would the suggestion make the server better?: This would make it so players feel like they actually have a fighting chance and it's not so P2W. I know Aigar did the same thing on MH with the whole making the kits only give money and XP so I know he can do it for this server. Also, before you guys say anything, yes I am rank tempest on there, so I'm not just some unranked dude saying all this because he's angry. I could easily team up with other tempest ranked people but that's not even fun. There's no competition when you do that. So, overall it would bring more comp to the PvP server and make it so players would have to grind harder to get p4 u3 sets and all that.

Plugin link, if applicable:

Doxyx, Phiphe, holazach and 2 others like this.
  2. Jon

Jon SrMod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    JonnRL
    +1 to the kit thing. I can guarantee you the anti-teaming thing is going to be impossible to enforce.

3. HGgames_

HGgames_ Senior Member

+1 people legit have teams of 13 with p4 sets 2 tapping iron players and ganking on them

4. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    +1 make it so the “Gang” system from prisons is on here, but maximize the teaming to 2-3

And if players are caught teaming, give them a small punishment

5. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    Lots of kit revamp suggestions for PvP around.

Might be best to get rid of diamond gear itself so that everyone is on a similar playing field with iron gear, or have everyone start with diamond (like it was on OPPvP). By doing so will also help cut back on teaming of gset guys who are grinding their KDR and Kill Streak stats for rewards.

6. Slxteen

Slxteen Veteran Premium

IGN:
    Munchie__
    The teaming thing will be near impossible to enforce, but like Nerdy said, a gang thing of 5 people max should be introduced. +1 to that.

7. Jon

Jon SrMod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    JonnRL
    People manage to team now with no organized groups. Having a server side limit of 5 is not going to stop them if they want more.

8. Slxteen

Slxteen Veteran Premium

IGN:
    Munchie__
    Make it punishable for any groups larger than five then. Simple.

9. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    Easier said than done, can't really enforce something like that.

10. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Mod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    SlyHaze
    People dominate the map with just teams of 3, honestly I think the best option is to change the rank kits to give just money and EXP. Like said before, the teaming thing is probably gonna be impossible to enforce. If we were gonna do the party thing, my suggestion is only groups of 2, you and one other player to fight. This way it would be easier to enforce, because if staff see 4 players ganging up on 2 players then we know that 2 parties are ganging up on one (which should be against the rules).

11. Ontopz

Ontopz Member

Who even teams on pvp :?

12. Raha

Raha Senior Member Elite

IGN:
    RahaPvP
    Everyone

Taco, SlyHaze, Ayesel and 1 other person like this.
  13. Doxyx

Doxyx Senior Member Premium

IGN:
    Doxyx
    +1 Literally 4-5 people in p4 gsets against people with prot1 gold is retarded. Any new player who joins has no chance of actually being able to grind or play. Teaming just discourages a consistent playerbase because it isnt fun for anyone to play other than the group who does it. even then they complain about lack of players yet they dont see the reason why.

I get PvP is never going to have the highest playerbase, but it could have a lot higher if it was more enjoyable for players.

SlyHaze and edmonster07 like this.
  14. Taco

Taco Member

+1 I usually go on there and I see a bunch of diamond armor peeps waiting for gold and iron armor people to jump so they can all slaughter that one person. Seems very unfair and makes it impossible for noobs or new players to get better and feel they have a fair advantage